: Southwestern Community College Associate Degree Nursing Program serves a diverse community of students and provides educational preparation for the graduate in the role of a Registered Nurse and as a professional member of the healthcare community. The Nursing Program provides educational opportunities that enable our students to progress from a novice level of expertise to a graduate level of expertise in nursing skills, clinical reasoning, and theoretical preparation. The program promotes personal enrichment, community service and transfer for advanced nursing educational opportunities. The Nursing Program promotes student learning and success by committing to a continuous improvement plan which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The program celebrates successes as our students progress in the program, in their advanced degrees and as key members of the Nursing profession.
SPRING/FALL Office Hours:
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Monday - Thursday) / 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Friday)
8100 Gigantic Street San Diego, CA 92154 * Building 4500, Room 4502
SUMMER Office Hours:
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Monday - Wednesday) / 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (Thursday) / Closed on Friday's
ALL FORMALLY ACCEPTED STUDENTS FOR ANY OF THE NURSING & HEALTH OCCUPATIONS PROGRAMS WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE AMERICAN DATA BANK BACKGROUND CHECK AND URINE DRUG SCREENING PRIOR TO STARTING IN THE CLINICAL SETTING. THIS IS TO ONLY BE COMPLETED WHEN STAFF/FACULTY INFORM YOU TO DO SO.
- The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing and the Board of Commissioners granted continuing accreditation to our Associate Degree Nursing program. The next evaluation visit will take place FALL 2021.
- The California Board of Nursing reviewed the ADN Program and re-approved the program until Fall 2018.
- Change in program requirement for VN Program effective January 2016: TEAS Version 5 passing score is 58. Three attempts maximum allowed. Second and third attempt may be taken any time after first attempt. Proof of remediation required before retesting.
- You are invited to attend the Annual Open House for Nursing and Health Occupation Programs!! Talk to current nursing students, staff and professors. Visit our simulation room and surgical lab. All ages encouraged to attend! Lots of fun activities and food!! Click here for Open House flyer.
- Where: SWC Higher Education Center, Otay Mesa
8100 Gigantic Street, San Diego, CA 92154
- When: Wednesday, October 5th
- Time: 4:30pm-7:00pm
- Rooms: 4401-4405, 4416 and 4417
- Nursing and Health Occupational Program Workshops offered monthly at Southwestern College. Learn about our programs and how to apply for ADN, LVN, Step Up, ORN, CST, ST, CNA, and Acute Care CNA. Click here for Fall 2016 Workshops.
Point Loma Nazarene University Partnership
Southwestern College is partnering with Point Loma Nazarene University to launch an extensive, on-site baccalaureate program with the university that offers students four bachelor degrees at the community college campus. Under the partnership, Southwestern College students who are accepted into Point Loma Nazarene University partnership programs can earn bachelor degrees in Nursing, Criminal Justice, Management & Relational Development, and Child & Adolescent Development without having to leave the Chula Vista district. Click here for more information.The courses are offered at Southwestern.