In today's marketplace, the ability to read, write and interact in Spanish is a highly valuable skill.
The Spanish Proficiency Certificate coursework is designed to prepare students to successfully and professionally function within a bilingual and biliterate marketplace. The program consists of 13 units, and a grade of “B” or better must be obtained in all the courses leading to the Certificate. For more information, please contact Deana Alonso at (619) 421-6700 x 5571.
Take TWO of the following classes
- SPAN 215 Spanish for Bilinguals I
- SPAN 216 Spanish for Bilinguals II
- SPAN 221 Introduction to Literature for Bilinguals
Take ONE of the following courses
- BUS 225 Interpretation/translation for General Business
- BUS 226 Interpretation/translation: Legal
- BUS 227 Interpretation/translation: Medical
- BUS 233 Interpretation/translation: Inmigration
- BUS 234 Advanced Interpretation/translation: Legal
- BUS 257 International Business and Legal Communication: Spanish
In order to qualify for the Spanish Proficiency Certificate
, a grade of B or better must be earned
on each of the courses taken to satisfy the program requirements.
To apply for the Spanish Proficiency Certificate:
1. Fill out an application. (PDF)
2. Obtain a copy of your transcripts or grade reports showing that you have met all requirements.
3. Contact Deana Alonso to make an appointment.
Tel: (619) 421-6700 ext. 5571