Sent on behalf of the Student Awards Ceremony/Student of Distinction Award (SODA) Committee
Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2014
Location: SWC Mayan Hall
NOMINATE YOUR OUTSTANDING STUDENTS FOR THE STUDENT OF DISTINCTION AWARD (SODA)! This prestigious award acknowledges current SWC students who excel academically, participate in leadership activities and demonstrate commitment to a goal or purpose. Attached is an informational flier with additional details on the award. We encourage you to nominate your outstanding students by clicking on http://www.swccd.edu/soda/ (you’ll need to enter your SWC computer user id/password).
• Must be a current SWC student enrolled in at least 6 units in spring 2014
• Have an overall minimum GPA of 3.0 at SWC
• Have completed at least 30 units at SWC within last 3 years (spring 2011-fall 2013)
• Plan on transferring or graduating (identified through a Student Education Plan)
• May not have received a Bachelor’s degree or higher or been a past SODA recipient
If you have questions, or would like to check a student’s eligibility please e-mail the student’s name and ID number to Jenny Marasigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE DEADLINE TO NOMINATE IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2014.
WE ENCOURAGE ALL NOMINATORS TO PROVIDE DETAILED AND THOROUGH INFORMATION THAT EFFECTIVELY REFLECTS THEIR STUDENT’S ACCOMPLISHMENTS IN ORDER TO GIVE THEIR STUDENT THE BEST CHANCE AT BEING SELECTED.
For more information, please contact:
Office: Rm 601C at the Student Center