Earthquake Safety Tips
- Stay calm
- Seek refuge under a table or desk
- Stay clear of windows and doorways (Doorways are not safe!)
- If outside, stay outside. Move to and open area away from buildings, trees and power lines
- Have emergency supply pack on hand (food, water, prescription medicine)
- Select a predetermined evacuation zone
- Exit building to predetermined evacuation zone as soon as shaking stops
- Have an emergency contact predetermined
- Be prepared for multiple aftershocks
- Place heavy books on ground level shelves
- DO NOT use elevator
A Magnitude 5.2 earthquake shook Southern California, June 10, 2016.
Note: In the event of a major emergency, the President will activate the Emergency Preparedness Plan. Information will be posted at the Command Center, Building 100, depending on the damage and nature of the emergency.