Southwestern College offers more than 40 career and technical degree and certificate programs that prepare students for entry into a chosen career, to upgrade job skills in order to advance to a higher paying position, and in many cases prepares students for transfer to a four-year college or university. Our programs are designed to prepare students in two years or less to be ready for a promising career that leads to employment that:
• Provides economic security and personal satisfaction
• Provides improved opportunities for advancement
• Is in tune with the latest developments and industry forecasts
• Involves the use of the most modern techniques and equipment
• Offers opportunities to use individual skills, abilities and creativity
• Opens doors to further education, both in college and in employer sponsored programs
The career descriptions highlighted here represent some of our most popular and newest programs of study, and do not include all of the Associate Degrees and Certificate programs offered at Southwestern College. To view the entire list of programs and degrees offered be sure to review the college catalog or click on the Academic Programs link here.
The information on the following pages was gathered from several resources created by the State of California Employment Development Department, the United States Department of Labor, and with career descriptions provided by the Occupational Outlook Handbook developed by the National Bureau of Labor Statistics.