Southwestern Community College District is updating its Educational Master Plan and Facilities Master Plan, referred to as the Master Plans, for its four physical campuses (Chula Vista, San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, National City (including Crown Cove Aquatic Center)) and its virtual campus (distance education) and for the institution as a whole pursuant to the 2012-15 Strategic Plan adopted by the District's Board of Trustees and in alignment with the District's Mission.
Educational Master Plan
The intent of the Educational Master Plan is to assess the external and internal environment at the District and provide recommendations on instructional programs and support programs that will meet the changing needs of the community.
The objective of the Educational Master Plan is to identify both current and potential future programs of instruction and support services including expansion of existing programs, addition of new programs, and distribution of courses, programs, and services among the District's four physical and virtual sites, and the development of a distinct identity and direction for the institution as a whole.
Southwestern College's program review, Strategic Plan and established collegial governance and decision-making processes will be important factors in the development of the Educational Master Plan. The Educational Master Plan shall provide a foundation for the Facilities Master Plan.
Facilities Master Plan
The intent of the Facilities Master Plan is to establish the short and long-term facilities needs of the District based upon the Educational Master Plan. The objective of the Facilities Master Plan is to determine current and future space needs, identify the building/facilities required, establish building facilities priorities, formulate project costs and recommend a resource allocation plan for the District.
While the Southwestern Community College District has the internal capacity to develop many of the required components of Educational Master Plan and Facilities Master Plan, our goal is to produce exceptional Plans that, by virtue of engaging a committed team of professionals, exceeds and expands that which the District is able to currently develop under the constraints of the District's ongoing daily educational responsibilities to our communities.
The District expects the Educational Master Plan and the Facilities Master Plan to complement each other and be a reflection of the District's commitment to its Mission.
Resources and Documents
- Educational Master Plan December 12, 2013 (DRAFT)
- Facilities Master Plan, February 2013 (DRAFT)
- Southwestern College's Shared Consultation model (PDF)
- SCC Standing Committee Responsibility Chart (PDF)
- Request for Proposals (RFP) No. 134: Educational and Facilities Master Plans (PDF)
- Cambridge West Partnership RFP Submittal (PDF)
- CWP Proposed Timeline (PDF)
- Biographies for plan facilitators (PDF)
- Meeting Dates and Possible Agenda (PDF)
- Educational and Facilities Master Planning Questionnaire (PDF)
- Environmental Scan Highlights, Sept. 12, 2012 (PDF)
- Educational Master Plan Process Overview, Sept. 12, 2012 (PDF)
- SLIDES: Educational Master Plan Internal Scan & Strategic Priorities, Oct. 24, 2012 (PDF)
- VIDEO: Educational Master Plan Internal Scan & Strategic Priorities Presentation, Oct. 24, 2012