The Southwestern College Foundation sets aside a designated amount of money each year for campus activities, student scholarships, and community organizations.
The availability of funds is formally announced at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. Only complete applications are reviewed by the SWC Foundation: Incomplete applications are returned to the applicant.
All requests received by the end of each month from September to April are reviewed by the end of the following month provided that the application is complete. Requests received in May, June, July, or August are reviewed at the September meeting.
The “Post Project Evaluation” form must be completed and submitted to SWC Foundation within 30 days after project is concluded. Failure to submit the completed form within the specified time period, could negatively impact future funding considerations.
The SWC Foundation exists solely for the benefit of Southwestern College and awards approximately $75,000 per year in three separate categories:
• Campus activities/organizations
• Community event sponsorship/advertising
• Student scholarships
Most awards range from $250 to $2,000. Priority is given to the following:
• Extracurricular activities that enhance student learning.
• Line item budgets that document matching funds and partnerships.
• Campus units whose faculty and staff support the SWC Foundation by partnering with their time, talent, or treasury.
• Requests received on a timely basis (90 days in advance).
Priority is given to the following:
• Those organizations operating within the Southwestern Community College District.
• Those organizations that directly support our students.
• Those organizations that support the SWC Foundation by partnering with their time, talent, or treasury.
• Those organizations whose requests are received in a timely manner, generally 90 days prior to the event. Last minute requests will not be reviewed.
Student scholarships are restricted funds with defined purposes and eligibility criteria. Application forms and procedures for applying for these funds can be found on the College’s website. The SWC Foundation does not entertain any unsolicited requests for scholarship funds.
SWCF Request for Funds Application Packet 2013-14