Dental Hygiene Clinic
The Dental Hygiene Clinic at the Higher Education Center at Naitonal City serves as an educational facility to support the clinical learning needs of the students enrolled in the Dental Hygiene Program. Under the supervision of licensed dentists (DDS/DMD) and registered dental hygienists (RDH), the dental hygiene students provide oral health care education and dental hygiene services to the general public along with the Southwestern College community, including students, faculty, and staff.
The Dental Hygiene Clinic is a teaching facility, therefore, care/treatment is offered only to individuals that meet the appropriate patient criteria for student learning; not all patients will qualify to receive dental hygiene services:
• Be free of medical or dental conditions that would make treatment hazardous to patient or operator.
• Have oral and behavioral conditions that are considered acceptable for student learning.
• Have interest in learning preventive oral hygiene techniques.
• Cooperate in keeping clinic appointments on time.
The clinic supervisor reserves the right to refuse or discontinue treatment when indicated. For a complete understanding of patient's rights and responsibilities, please refer to the document below.
• Patient's Bill of Rights and Responsibilities (PDF)
We are NOW accepting new patients. We will accept NEW patients until March 30, 2015. Please visit our webpage on how to become a patient of our clinic. Thank you.
For information on how and where to obtain low-cost dental service in San Diego click here for other Dental Resources. You may also call 211 to get information on a wide variety of services available in San Diego county.