- Spring 2017 application period begins. Applications may be completed online at www.swccd.edu
- Email registration information to students
- Registration begins by appointment for students
- Waitlists available (as classes fill)
- Holiday—Thanksgiving Holiday
DECEMBER 17–JANUARY 2
- Winter Break - College closed
- Residency determination date
JANUARY 3 – JANUARY 26
- January Intersession – short term classes
- Holiday—Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Spring instruction begins for full-term and first 8-week session
JANUARY 30–FEBRUARY 12 Deadlines for Full-term classes. The dates listed in this section are for reference only; check WebAdvisor to view the following deadline dates by clicking on the class title of a specific class section.
- January 30-February 12: Add/drop period/class change period
- February 12: Last day to add classes on WebAdvisor. No late adds will be accepted. Deadline will be enforced.
- February 12: Last day to withdraw from a class without receiving a “W” grade
- January 30-February 12: You may add classes with an add code or withdraw from classes via WebAdvisor at https://webadvisor.swccd.edu)
- February 10: Last day to withdraw from full-semester classes and qualify for a full refund of enrollment fees and nonresident tuition (See information below for short session deadline).
- February 13: Last day to get a refund for Student Activities Stickers (or call (619) 482-6568 for more information)
- Last day to file a petition for independent study
FEBRUARY 17 - 20
- Holiday—President’s Weekend
- Last day to file a petition for Pass/No Pass
- Last day to submit Graduation Petition for Spring 2017
- Last day to file a petition for Credit by Examination
MARCH 27–APRIL 2
- Second 8-week session begins
- Last day to withdraw from full-semester courses and receive a “W” grade for full-semester (16-week sections)
Reminder to Faculty! Grade rosters must be submitted on WebAdvisor and are due by MIDNIGHT on Tuesday, May 30 Short Session Deadlines: SHORT SESSIONS BEGIN JANUARY 3, JANUARY 30 AND APRIL 3 Check WebAdvisor to view the following deadline dates by clicking on the class title of a specific class section. Deadlines for short-session classes are determined as indicated below.
- Deadline to add classes: The day prior to Census
- Deadline for refund: 10% of actual meeting days (Note: in some cases this may be the first day of class).
- Deadline to apply for pass/no pass option is the first week for short term classes
- Deadline to withdraw from class without receiving a “W”: 20% of actual class meeting days
- Deadline to withdraw from class and receive a “W”: 75% of actual meeting days