Fall 2104 Important Dates and Deadlines PDF
• Fall 2014 application period begins. Applications are online at www.swccd.edu.
• Email registration information to students.
• Email Registration to new and returning students daily after application.
• Registration begins by appointment.
• Waitlist available (as classes fill).
• Registration begins by appointment for new and returning students.
• Residency determination date.
• Fall instruction begins for full-term and first 8-week session.
• Last day to get a refund in the Bookstore.
• Last day to get a refund for Student Activities Stickers.
AUGUST 18 – 31
• Add/drop period/class change period.
• Last day to add classes on WebAdvisor. No late adds will be accepted. Deadline will be enforced.
• Refunds—Last day to withdraw from full-semester classes and qualify for a full refund or enrollment fees and non resident tuition (See information below for short session deadline).
• No Sunday classes in observance of Labor Day.
• Holiday—Labor Day.
• Last day to file a petition for independent study.
• Last day to withdraw from a class without receiving a “W” grade.
• Last day to file a petition for Pass/No Pass.
• Last day to file a petition for Credit by Challenge Examination.
• 2nd Short Session begins.
• Deadline to Petition for Fall 2014 Graduation.
• Last day to withdraw from full-semester courses and receive a “W” grade for full-semester (18-week sections).
• No Classes on Sunday in observance of Veterans Day.
• Holiday—Veterans Day.
• No evening classes.
• Thanksgiving Holiday.
• Final Examination Week.
• Last day of classes—End of Semester.
* you may add classes with an add code or drop from classes via WebAdvisor
SHORT SESSION DEADLINES:
Short Sessions begin August 18 and October 20 Deadlines for less-than-full-semester classes are determined as indicated below: (Note: Contact Admissions for specific dates for a specific class.).
• Deadline to add classes: First week class meets
• Deadline for refund: 10% of actual class meeting days (Note: in some cases this may be the first day of class).
• Deadline to apply for pass/no pass option: 30% of actual class meeting days (Note: The deadline is the first week for short term classes).
• Deadline to withdraw from class without receiving a “W”: 20% of actual class meeting days.
• Deadline to withdraw from class and receive a “W”: 75% of actual meeting days.