Welcome to Ask A Counselor.
Chat live with a Counselor on Cranium Café using your MySWC login! This service allows you to experience a face to face drop-in session in an online environment using your webcam and microphone. Find an counselor online and click on the “Knock on Door” button to start.
"Ask A Counselor" can answer questions regarding:
- transferability of Southwestern College courses
- college procedures and academic policies
- certificate, degree and transfer requirements
- course prerequisites
- course offerings and course content
- referral to other programs/services
"Ask A Counselor" cannot answer questions pertaining to:
- personal counseling
- career counseling
- other college transcript evaluation
- degree completion check
- questions that violate FERPA guidelines
To use this service we recommend the following:
- Know your MySWC login. If you do not have a login or SWC ID please apply to the college.
- Compatible devices: desktop, laptop, tablet, Android**, Windows OS, MAC OS
- Compatible browsers: Chrome & Firefox with strong and stable internet connection.
- Use this service in a quiet and private environment.
**Mobile Android devices are compatible, but we cannot guarantee the quality of your online session
Unfortunately, Apple mobile products (iPhone, iPad) are not compatible with Cranium Café and cannot be used at this time.
Click the image below to test your device.