Purpose: The overall purpose of the Personal Wellness Services at Southwestern College is to provide high quality behavioral health care to students in order to support the student's emotional well-being, academic success, and retention at the college.
Program Objectives: The main objective of the Personal Wellness Services are to:
- Help manage, contain, resolve behavioral health symptoms resulting from stress and/or a personal crisis
- Optimize student psychological, social, and academic functioning
- Enhance coping skills
- Facilitate emotional well being, student success and retention
- Prevent decline in psychological, social and academic functioning
Services Provided: The Personal Wellness Services at Southwestern College provides the following services free of charge to currently enrolled students:
- Consultation - Student consultations for behavioral health issues
- Crisis intervention
- Brief Supportive Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Group counseling & psychotherapy
- Couples & Family counseling & psychotherapy
- Case management
- Referrals to Community Services
- Prevention - Wellness workshops
- Partnerships with the community
- Psychiatric & psychological long-term treatment and follow-up care
- Emergency Services
- Speakers from the community
Remember...All supportive counseling sessions and services are strictly confidential and offered free of charge to currently enrolled students at Southwestern College.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact the Personal Wellness Center at (619) 421-6700 ext. 5242 or 5240.