A student is eligible to be refunded registration fees for any program changes (withdrawals) made by the 10-percent point of actual class meeting days. Please check WebAdvisor for dates for specific classes. (For Short Session classes, this may be the first day of class.)
Students who officially withdraw from class by the refund deadline are eligible to be mailed a refund (pursuant to Section 58508 of Subchapter 6 of Chapter 9 of Division 6, Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations).
Refunds are not automatic. You may make your request in one of the following ways:
- In person at the Cashier's office at the Chula Vista main campus or any of the Higher Education Centers (HEC).
- By phone:
- Main Campus cashier: (619) 482-6307 or 6314
- HEC Otay Mesa: (619) 216-6750
- HEC San Ysidro: (619) 216-6790, ext. 4902 or 4903
- HEC National City: (619) 216-6665, ext. 4853
- By downloading the Refund Request Form and submitting it to any of the above offices.
It is imperative that a current address be on file in Admissions. Refunds may take up to four weeks after the request.