Our mission is to provide you with an inclusive, fully accessible, and engaging educational environment that empowers student success through innovative accommodations, programs, services, training and partnerships with students, educators, and the community.
DSS Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
Our SLOs are statements that clearly identify what DSS wants our students to be able to do, or be able to demonstrate, upon completion of a course, an appointment or a service.
Students talk to his/her professors and use academic accommodations and services in their classes.
Students develop and use skills to solve problems.
About Us Video
Steps to Apply for DSS Services
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a Southwestern College student with a disability that can be verified
- Complete and submit both the DSS Application and the Disability Verification Form. Application form (Spanish) (PDF), Disability Verification Form (Spanish).
- If you recently graduated high school and received specialized services, click here to complete the High School Consent to Release Confidential Information form (PDF).
These forms are also available at the following locations:
- Chula Vista Campus: Disability Support Services, Room S108
- Higher Education Centers at San Ysidro, National City or Otay Mesa
When DSS receives the above documentation you will be contacted to schedule an appointment with a DSS specialist to discuss appropriate accommodations and academic programs.
900 Otay Lakes Road
Cesar Chavez Student Services Center
Bldg 1400, Room S108
Chula Vista, CA 91910
DSS Office Hours
Cesar E. Chavez Building Operational Hours
Voice (619) 482-6512
VP (619) 207-4480